Getting a ticket for the conference
Getting to linux.conf.au
Where to stay at linux.conf.au
There is no schwag bag this year, but see our Schwag page for more information.
What events are on at linux.conf.au?
- Penguin Dinner
- Professional Delegates Networking Session (PDNS) Breakfast
- Speakers' Dinner
- Birds of a Feather sessions (BoFs)
- Main conference
- Lightning talks
What's to eat?
What to bring to linux.conf.au
- Laptop, phone, camera, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet etc. Free WiFi is available. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle - Hobart, although coastal, can have high summer temperatures. Even if the weather is cool, UV exposure will still be high. The conference venue is at Sandy Bay with a beach nearby, feel free to bring swimming gear.
- Clothes and toiletries - the conference venue is a short bus ride away from Hobart CBD, so you'll be OK if you forget anything. Remember to bring any medication you may need. Please note that you cannot fill a prescription for schedule 4 or higher drugs that was issued in any other state of Australia in Tasmania.
- Identification and, if international, your passport- for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. Hobart has plenty of beer, and in accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
- Cash or card - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There's an ATM at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.
- An appetite - Hobart has a magnificent range of eateries and restaurants all within walking distance.